Katalyst, Inc(hereinafter referred to as "Company") takes personal information of a customer
seriously. The Company places great importance on protecting the privacy of the customers
who uses services of the Company (hereinafter referred to as "Services"). The Company complies with the
Personal Information Protection Act, the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications
Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic
Commerce, etc., and the Personal Information Protection Guideline. Through the Privacy Notice,
the Company will inform of the purpose and method to use the personal information provided
by the customer and let the customer know what measures the Company takes to protect the personal information.
1. Purpose of Processing Personal Information
The Company processes personal information for the following purposes. The personal information
being processed is not used for anything other than the following purposes, and the Company will
take necessary measures such as obtaining separate consent pursuant to Article 18 of the Personal
Information Protection Act if the purpose of use is changed.
1. Becoming a member on the website and managing membership
The Company processes personal information for the following purposes: checking the customer’s
intent to join as a member, identification and certification of a member according to membership
services, keeping and managing membership, identification of a member by execution of limited
identification system, statistics about use of membership services, prevention of illegal use of services, various notifications and notices, handling complaints, etc.
2. Supply of Goods or Services
The Company processes the personal information for the following purposes: providing services,
sending contracts and invoices, providing contents, providing customized services,
self-certification, age verification, recovery of claims, etc.
3. Handling complaints
The Company processes the personal information for the purpose of confirming the identification of the complainant, checking the complaint, contacting and notifying for the investigation,
and notifying the result of handling, etc.
2. Period for Processing and Retaining Personal Information
1. The Company processes and retains the personal information within the period for retaining and using the personal information pursuant to laws and regulations or the period for retaining and
using the personal information agreed by data subject upon collecting such personal information from him or her.
2. In principle, the Company will destroy the information without any delay after the purpose of collecting and using the personal information is achieved. However,
the following information will be retained for the period specified below for the following reasons.
ο Items to be retained: login ID and name
ο Grounds to be retained: to prevent confusion of using the Services
ο Period to be retained: to be retained for five years
The periods to process and retain the rest personal information are as follows:
Becoming a member on the website and managing membership: until the member withdraws from the website;
However, the in the following cases information will be retained for the period until such case is complete:
1) If an investigation or inquiry due to a violation of relevant laws is in progress: until such investigation or inquiry is complete;
2) If claim-obligation relationship remains due to the use of the website: until such claim-obligation relationship is complete.
3. Items of Personal Information to be Processed
The Company processes the following personal information:
1. Name, date of birth, sex, login ID, and password: to be used in the procedures on confirming the identification according to the use of the services
2. Email address, contact (cellphone) number delivery of notification; securing of communication
channels to ensure seamless communication with customers, such as processing of customer complaints;
provision of information about events and new services and products (via DM, SMS, email, etc.);
sending prizes and discount coupons.
3. Bank account information and credit card information pursuant payment methods: payment to purchase of goods
4. Address: to obtain and ensure accurate destination for delivery of promotional or purchased goods.
4. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company processes the personal information of the customer to the explicit extent of Article 1 and
provides the personal information to a third party, so long as the case falls under Article 17
of the Personal Information Protection Act such as the consent of the customer, special provisions of laws, etc.
5. Consignment of Collected Personal Information
In order to improve the Services, the Company entrusts the personal information as below and
stipulates necessary matters so that the personal information can be managed safely when executing
a consignment contract according to relevant laws and regulations. When the consignment contract is
concluded, the Company will, in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act,
specify in the contract the items of responsibilities such as the prohibition of personal information
processing other than the purpose of the consigned work, the technical and administrative protection
measures, restrictions on re-entrustment, management and supervision of the consigned party,
and compensation for damage. And the Company supervises that the consigned party handles the personal information securely.
If the content of the consigned work or the consigned party is changed, the Company will disclose it through the Privacy Notice without any delay.
Content of the Consigned Work
Period for Retaining and Using the Personal Information
6. Rights and Obligations of Data Subject and Methods of Exercising
The customer may at any time view or modify his or her personal information registered hereof and
request to terminate the subscription. To view or modify the customer’s personal information the
customer may do so by changing the personal information; to terminate the subscription,
the customer may do so by cancelling the membership.
The Company processes the personal information that has been revoked or deleted by the request of
the customer in accordance with the period of retaining and using the personal information collected
by the Company and the period of use, and processes such information that cannot be viewed or used for any other purpose.
7. Procedures and Methods of Destroying Personal Information
In principle, the Company will destroy the personal information without any delay after the purpose
of collecting and using such information is achieved. The procedures and methods of destroying are as follows.
1. Procedures of destroying
The information entered by the customer for membership, etc.will be stored during a certain period
(q.v. the period of retaining and using) according to the reasons to protect information by the
internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations after the purpose is achieved, and then
be destroyed. The above personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than those specified unless requested by law.
2. Methods of destroying
- Personal information stored in an electronic file is deleted using technical methods that prevent the information from being reproduced.
- Personal information printed on paper is destroyed by a shredder or by incineration.
8. Chief Privacy Officer and Services of Complaints to Personal Information
To be fully responsible for the handling of personal information, to handle the complaints of the
data object, and to relieve the damage as regards processing of the personal information, the
Company has designated a chief privacy officer as below:
▶ Customer Service Department: CS team
Contact: +82) 70-4234-2917
▶ Chief Privacy Officer
Name: Philip Lee
Contact: +82) 70-4234-2917
The customer may report all personal information-related complaints that occur when using the
Services of the Company to the chief privacy officer or the right department. The Company will respond promptly and adequately to the complaint from the customer.
If the customer needs to report or consult about other privacy infringement, please contact the following organizations:
1. KISA Privacy Center (https://privacy.kisa.or.kr)
2. Privacy Mark Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr; 02-580-0533, 02-580-0534)
3. Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Cybercrime Investigation Center (http://www.spo.go.kr/spo/index.jsp; 02-3480-3600)
4. National Police Agency Cyber Bureau (cyberbureau.police.go.kr/index.do; 182)
9. Installation and Operation of Equipment Automatically Collecting Personal Information; Refusal to That
The Company operates “cookies” that store and find the customer’s information from time to time.
A cookie is a very small text file sent to the customer’s browser by the server used to run the
▶ Purpose for using cookies, etc.
- To provide targeted marketing and personalized service through analyzing frequency of access or
time of visit of membersand non-members, understanding and tracing a user's tastes and interests,
understanding degree of participation in various events, etc.
- The customer has the option of installing cookies. As a result, the customer may allow all cookies
by setting options in the web browser of the customer, check it whenever a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
▶ How to refuse the setting of cookies
Example: to refuse cookie settings, the customer may allow all cookies by setting options in their web browser, check it whenever a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
Example of method to save settings (for Internet Explorer): Tools (at the top of the web browser) > Internet Options > Personal Information
However, if the customer refuses to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing the Services.
10. Other Guidelines of Handling Personal Information
1. Link sites
The Company may provide links to other companies' websites or materials. In this case, the Company
has no control over external sites and materials and cannot be responsible for or guarantee the
usefulness of the services or materials provided there.
If the customer clicks on the links to other sites included on the website of the Company, please
The Company values posts of the customer and does its best to protect them from being altered,
damaged, or deleted. However, any of the followings are an exception:
- Spam posts (e.g., specific site ads, etc.)
- Texts defaming others by spreading false facts for the purpose of slandering others
- the disclosure of others’ personal details without consent, content that infringes the copyright
of the Company or a third party, and any post different from the topic of the bulletin board
- In order to promote the culture of desirable bulletin board, if the personal details of others are
disclosed without consent, the Company can delete certain parts of a post or post them after
modifying certain parts to symbols.
- If it is possible to move to a bulletin board of another topic, the Company will not cause
misunderstandings by disclosing the route of the post.
- In other cases, the Company may delete posts after an explicit or separate warning.
3. Fundamentally, the author has all rights and responsibilities related to the post. In addition,
it is difficult to protect information that is voluntarily disclosed through the post, so please
consider before disclosing information.
4. Rights and Obligations of the Customer
(1) Please enter the latest and most accurate personal information to prevent unexpected accidents.
The customer is responsible for any accidents caused by incorrect information entered, and if the
customer enters false information such as theft of others’ information, the customer’s membership may be lost.
(2) The customer has the right to privacy, and the obligation to protect oneself and not to
infringe the information of others. Please be careful not to let the personal information of the customer
including passwords leak, and do not damage the personal information of others including posts. If
the customer fails to fulfill such responsibilities and damages the information and dignity of
others, the customer may be punished by the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications
Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
11. Change of the Privacy Notice
In case of changes to the Privacy Notice, the Company will notify of the change through a bulletin
on the website (or by individual notice). This Privacy Notice will apply from October 22, 2018.